According to intelligence, among the consequences of the “Wagner rebellion” for Ukraine, the compromising of the Russian leadership and the fact that Yevgeny Prigozhin’s subordinates will no longer fight against our state are significant.
Source: Kirill Budanov, head of the MOU Main Intelligence Directorate, in a commentary to Ukrayinska Pravda
Direct speech: “We have received a compromise of the Russian leadership. Once again, the myth of the steadfastness of the Russian regime has been destroyed. Losses were inflicted on the military space forces of the Russian Federation. And also, Wagner PMC will no longer participate in hostilities on the territory of Ukraine. And this is the most effective division of the Russian Federation, which is able to achieve success at any cost.”
- On the evening of June 23, the leader of the Wagner PMC, Yevgeny Prigozhin, said that the regular Russian army had launched a missile attack on the rear camps of his PMC, and because of this, 25,000 mercenaries were going to “restore justice . “
- On June 24, the “Wagnerites” took control of military facilities in Rostov-on-Don and seized military facilities in Voronezh , went “to Moscow” – and in the capital of the Russian Federation they were already preparing for defense.
- Dictator Vladimir Putin, in an emergency address, declared betrayal and “mutiny” . According to Ukrainian intelligence, he urgently left Moscow for Valdai .
- On the evening of the same day, after a conversation with the self-proclaimed President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko, Prigozhin announced that his mercenaries were returning to field camps . The criminal case against Prigozhin in the Russian Federation was promised to be closed , and he was supposed to “go to Belarus.”
- On June 27, Prigozhin’s business jet flew from the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don to Belarus, another plane flew there from St. Petersburg.
- The FSB of Russia announced that the criminal case on the “armed rebellion” of the head of the PMC “Wagner” Yevgeny Prigozhin was closed.
Source : Українська Правда