One day after the shooting incident at Shahcheragh shrine in Shiraz, Mizan news agency reported, quoting the Chief Justice of Fars Province, that so far “eight suspects” have been arrested in connection with this incident and all those arrested are “foreign nationals”.
Kazem Mousavi, Chief Justice of Fars Province, also said that the perpetrator of this attack was previously arrested by security officers, “he introduced himself as a citizen of Tajikistan”.
Iranian media reported on Monday that the interrogation of these detainees “continues to identify new clues.”
Earlier, the Chief of Justice of Fars Province announced the arrest of four suspects in this incident.
Kazem Mousavi added that the main shooter of this incident was “immediately arrested” and “handed over to the investigator”.
Also, Fars Province Radio and Television has published images of the moment an armed person entered this shrine and also the moment he was arrested.
While according to official reports, one person was killed and eight others were injured in the accident on Sunday, the Chief of Justice of Fars province said that the condition of one of the injured was “declared critical”.
No individual or group has yet claimed responsibility for this incident, but the Iranian authorities have held ISIS responsible for this attack.
Previously, ISIS claimed responsibility for another similar attack on Shahcheragh in the fall of last year. Thirteen people were killed in that attack.
Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf, Speaker of the Islamic Council, on Monday, August 23, in the open session of the parliament, without mentioning the name of any group or country, claimed about the shooting in Shahcheragh: “Destabilizing the country, disrupting the peace of the people and disrupting the daily life of the people is a constant project of the enemies of the Iranian nation, which It has intensified in recent weeks, but it has been neutralized by the vigilance of the security forces.”
The recent shooting in Shahcheragh took place a month after the public execution of two prisoners accused of a previous attack on this Shia religious place.
The Shiraz Revolutionary Court sentenced Mohammad Ramez Rashidi and Naeem Hashem Qatali to “public execution” in connection with the attack on Shahcheragh on November 4th of the same year.
But the Iranian Human Rights Organization announced that the verdicts issued for these two defendants “have no legal basis” and that it is based on “forced confessions”.
Also, in May, seven months after the previous armed attack on the Shahcheragh shrine, the government forces of the Islamic Republic for the umpteenth time announced the arrest of people related to that attack, and this time they announced that the detainees were related to “ISIS Khorasan”.
Before that, the Ministry of Information of the Islamic Republic claimed that the main element of directing and coordinating that attack was a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Source : رادیو فردا