As a result of poisoning, a girl died and more than 20 others were injured.
Four natives of Tajikistan suspected in the case of shawarma poisoning in Lgov, Kursk region, were charged under points “a”, “c” of Part 2 of Art. 238 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (production, storage, sale of goods and products that do not meet safety requirements, resulting in the death of a person through negligence). The joint press service of the regional judicial system reported this on Telegram.
For three suspects – the 50-year-old owner of the “Shaurma on Gagarin” kiosk Mansurshoh Fayozov, his 23-year-old nephew Shakhriyor Fayozov, who worked as a cook, as well as the mother of this young man Dilbar Sangova, who also prepared shawarma – the court chose a preventive measure in the form house arrest for a period of 2 months.
Another 21-year-old cook, Parviz Alimardonzoda, whose temporary registration in Lgov expires on September 17, was taken into custody for 1 month and 29 days.
The owner of the outlet and the cooks were detained on Friday by employees of the Investigative Committee as part of an investigation into the mass shawarma poisoning in Lgov. According to the Kursk Region Ministry of Health, 22 people sought help, including eight children and adolescents. One of the poisoned people, a 23-year-old girl, died from infectious-toxic shock.
For natives of Tajikistan under Art. 238 is punishable by a fine in the amount of one hundred thousand to five hundred thousand rubles, or forced labor for a term of up to five years, or imprisonment for a term of up to six years with a fine of up to five hundred thousand rubles.
The fast food point “Shaurma on Gagarina” operated for about 6 years and was one of the most popular in the city. Locals said that they make the most delicious shawarma there.
This summer, a wave of mass shawarma poisonings swept across different regions of Russia – more than 100 people were poisoned by shawarma in Bratsk. As it turned out, expired meat was delivered to the cafe. Also, 19 people were poisoned by shawarma in Magnitogorsk, and salmonella was later found in it. And recently, more than 50 shawarma lovers, including 13 children, were hospitalized in Vladimir: the cause of poisoning was salmonella.
In the near future, the State Duma plans to discuss the shawarma standard. The meeting will be attended by Rospotrebnadzor, the Ministry of Health and relevant experts.
Source : Asia Plus