Three members of a family, including a child, died in Dushanbe due to coal smoke poisoning.
The tragedy happened on the night of December 8 in the “Lower Khujambio” neighborhood of the capital.
The body of a woman resident of this area was buried with her two daughters today.
Islam, the head of this neighborhood, confirmed the death of three people from the same family in a conversation with Radio Ozodi, but did not give details.
The Tajik Emergency Situations Committee told Radio Ozodi that the mother and daughters died in their sleep due to coal smoke poisoning.
The mother is 42 years old, one of her daughters is 18 and the other is 3 years old. They are not named.
The reporter of Radio Ozodi went to the place of the incident on December 9. Relatives of the dead refused to talk and became an obstacle to filming.
However, one of the people familiar with this family told Radio Ozodi that the father of the family was emigrating, and their other daughter was married and lived in her husband’s house. In the photo she sent to Radio Ozodi, it can be seen that the swollen bodies of the mother and two daughters are sleeping on the floor of the house.
Every year, with the onset of cold weather, residents of Tajik villages heat their homes with wood and coal. In some cases, non-observance of safety rules resulted in such tragedies.
At the beginning of this year, in Kushanian district of Khatlon region, a young couple died due to coal smoke in the bathroom. In another incident in the same region in January, a father and his five-year-old son were poisoned and died.
Source : Радио Озоди